>What is Differentiated Teaching?
Differentiated teaching is ….
- an educational philosophy
- a philosophy to be put into practice
- student centered
- sensitive to individual students’ strengths & needs
- understanding & responding to students’ individual background knowledge, interests, readiness, abilities & learning styles
- providing students with options – with different ways to process, make sense of & work with ideas and concepts according to individual needs
- maximizing opportunities for learning
- incorporating whole-class, group and individual instruction
- a flexible approach to teaching
- organic not static
- employing various teaching strategies, activities & assessment tools according to need
- … finally, differentiated instruction is just good teaching