>“18 Great Questions to Ask Your Child’s Teacher!“
(Instructions: read – print – bring to your child’s first interview of the year)
- What are my child’s strengths and needs as you see them in the classroom?
- What specific concepts and skills are being taught this year (in each subject area)? What do you hope my daughter achieves this year both socially and academically?
- Does my daughter seem under or over active?
- What are her organizational skills like?
- Does she have a good/positive attitude in the classroom?
- Does she like to participate in class? Does she contribute during discussions and build on the ideas of others?
- Is she an active listener?
- How well does she follow instructions?
- Is she able to stay on task until the work is done?
- Does she try her best & take pride in her work?
- Does she accept constructive criticism?
- Does she work well independently?
- Does she work well in groups?
- Does she have friends? Who does she spend most of her time with?
- Does she share?
- Does she seem happy? Does she like school?
- How can we work together to make this a great year? What can I do at home?
- & finally: “What’s the best way to reach you?” (Personal Note: I prefer to be reached by email. Why? Well, I don’t always have access to a phone and I like to get back to parents ASAP. With email, I can get back to you during the lunch hour or in the wee hours of the morning (as I am not a good sleeper…. hahahahaha … sob/tear). & don’t forget to inform your child’s teacher as to the best way to reach you! In the end it’s all about teamwork!!!!!!!
These are all great questions so ask away! (& don’t forget to bring a pencil and paper to record the answers! … of course, we can always give you one as well!)